As a Your Representative in the Nebraska Legislature, Carol Blood has worked hard to successfully address legislation that supports our service men/women and their families by passing common sense legislation that removes hurdles to employment, protects seriously disabled military dependents, adds additional consumer protections for our military, and addresses issues important to upcoming BRAC rounds.
Blood has worked to create greater transparency on outstanding campaign fines held by elected officials; pushed for legislation that makes local government more cost efficient, transparent and effective; and eliminated hurdles to employment in a variety of fields.
As you can see by the votes recorded, she has worked to bring bi-partisan consensus on her bills as they are good for all Nebraskans and the state functions better when all of its elected officials can work together.
Blood has co-sponsored a long list of additional bills that protect our most vulnerable, address the over-taxation of social security and remove unnecessary obstacles to effective government.
She will continue to address public safety issues, laws that pertain to our military families and veterans, protect our most vulnerable, education and find creative ways to stimulate our economy in the upcoming session. If we are to address the property tax issue, Blood feels that we must find creative ways outside of taxation to balance Nebraska's three-legged stool.
Links have been provided on the "About" page that will direct you to copies of the bills Blood championed and were passed, as well as the transcripts from those hearing. You are encouraged to review these and learn more about how they will help District 3 residents.
Senator Carol Blood continues to be a highly involved citizen working to make our communities better places to live and raise our families. Her voice will be your voice because she truly understands the area she serves and the people who live here.
Her record of current and past community involvement includes (but is not limited to):
- Chair of Bellevue Police Community Foundation
- Chair of Bellevue Public Safety Foundation
- Sarpy County Historical Museum Board Member
- Olde Towne Development Committee Member
- Nebraska Veterans Parade Chair
- RiverFest Volunteer
- Bellevue Police Citizens Advisory Council Chair
- Bellevue Senior Center (IT Volunteer)
- WorldFest Chair
- Member of the League of Nebraska Municipalities Legislative Committee Representing Bellevue
- Bellevue Farmers' Market Volunteer Organizer/Chair
- Backpacks/School Supplies Giveaway For Military Children
- Rosie Reviere, Engineer STEM Programming for 4th Grade Girls
- Fresh Food Drive For Victory Apartments-Serving the Needs of Homeless Veterans